We are a proud professional organisation.
We offer Support and leadership for professional health care assistants.We work for you, with you!
HCA and carers Ireland was set up in October 2016 by our founder Allison Metcalfe; who being a healthcare trainer and tutor by trade. Through her teaching Allison found that many Carers/HCA were not particularly happy with certain areas within this healthcare vocation, this led Allison to set up a group on Facebook, it phenomenally and currently has over 18 thousand members which are still growing. Allison has been a tireless campaigner for improved conditions and for support for Healthcare Workers both on local and national levels.
What Members can expect from the organisation:
- We Promise to try keep the general public updated on all things related to HCAs and Carers.
- We Promise to try keep all HCAs and Carers updated regarding information regarding further certification, training, and knowledge.
- We Promise to not only engage key stakeholders within our health system but also engage in research activities to further analyse HCA and Carers involvement in Irish patient/client/service users.
- We believe that HCAs and Carers are the backbone of the Irish healthcare industry and are undervalued within the healthcare system; we want to change this!
- We Promise to try represent you on multiple levels, Local, National and Internationally to applaud the work our members do and to let all know the sacrifices, hardships, and common issues which present to our members on a daily basis.
- Any information shared on our CR will not be shared or used, we actually abide by national laws regarding data security.
- We promise that we will do our best to always have someone to communicate to when you feel you are alone.
All members are expected to follow these from registration
What Members are expected to abide by:
- Respect other member’s privacy
- Taking and sharing Screenshots are NOT permitted
- Do NOT share any information posted within the CR (CarersRoom), information unless given permission to do so.
- Information may not be downloaded or used elsewhere*
- Members are advised to note that anything shared is accessible to all members and there is always the potential for breach of terms and conditions and we ask to exercise caution when sharing information.
- Discrimination or bullying of any form will not be tolerated.
- Abuse, use of bad or inappropriate language is not acceptable.
- Selling, sponsoring or advertising are not allowed within the CR (CarersRoom).
- We stress that although this is a private group caution needs to be exercised not to discuss matters of confidentiality.
- It is unacceptable to discredit or defame companies, organisations or individuals.
- Do not share your password or give access to the website to unauthorised members.
Contact a member of administration if you have any enquires. Anyone found to not follow the terms and conditions will be removed from the website immediately and not refunded.